Thursday, May 15, 2008

I forgot my comment

LAst week (May7th) I saw the doctor for the first time.
First I saw the midwife and had all the usual tests and signed a few forms about testing baby and injection for baby after its born.
My blood pressure was good (well good for me lower then usual maybe that chocolate cure I read about is working lol)

The doctor asked all the usual question but when I bagged out my very first gyno (from 1989) he wasn't happy a he knows the man. I couldn't help myself that man scarred me against gyno's for life. When I was seeing him I wasn't all that keen on him but two of the women I worked with at the time had seen him for all their pregnancies and said he was good. They were much smaller then me of course (yummy mummies). After I my first son instead of saying to my mum congrats its a boy he said I got that weight off her now you get the rest!. Also when I couldn't breast feed I was very upset and all he said was well all women can't be cows. The last time I saw him he didn't even put in his notes what sex of child I had.
SO when I was having my second ds (1991) I was sick with my gall bladder the gyno walks in and says typical female fat and forty. So after he left I stormed out and demanded that I get a new doctor as I had already had a bad experience and this early in my pregnancy I will not put up with it. Well they calmed me down and they said that he was the best and I said I don't care I will not be treated that way. Well the next I saw him he was nice to me and thoughtout the pregnancy he saw me personally not his interns.
BUt enough about the past.

Although my odds of having a down's child are 1 in 536 the doctor said there was only one sure way to tell and that was with an ammio but that carry's a 1 in 250 chance of miscarry I think I'll stick with my 1 in 536 chance thanks at least didn't hurt the baby.
Also when we told him how excited the lady doing the ultrasound was about having a nasal bone he said that improves my odds as well so I am less likely now.
But I still have the same risks as anyone who is pregnant no matter what age. I am having a scan next week and hopefully find out what we as having as well.
As I will be in ultrasound dates 19 weeks and they can still do something about it then so they say. I think he means terminate if there is a problem.

No comments: