Saturday, March 1, 2008

Our Baby Blog

I have started this blog so I can talk about my new baby.

Yes I am pregnant.

At the moment I am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant.

But Colin and I can't tell anyone (except for strangers)

I am 41 years old.

This time we aren't telling anyone until we know everything is fine.

On Friday the 29th of February we saw our little peanut and saw its heart beating so we know we have a baby on the way and so far is doing fine.

This is the first baby we have ever conceived on our bed (not that interesting it means something to Colin and I).

From the dates it looks like we conceived over the sometime over the Australia Day Long Weekend.

When I didn't get my period within 23 days since my last period I know something was up!

So on the 13th of February I did a urine test and it was positive having never seen a positive I went out and bought two more tests and they were all positive so the next I had a blood test.

So on Valentines Day I found out I was 4 to 5 weeks pregnant.

The following week I had another test just to make sure I was still pregnant and the hormones in my blood had increased like its supposed to. So I happy.

Why can't we tell anyone?

Well we want to be sure the baby is healthy ie no birth defects

So on the 2th of April we will be having a test to confirm whether I am high risk or low risk for birth problems.
If all goes well then I will tell everyone but if it doesn't go well I will have to wait for the amnio at 15 weeks to confirm what the problem is.

Everything should be fine I have had two healthy births and I have lost weight and I am still losing weight.
I am looking after myself.
SO I am being positive .

Will add more later

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

How wonderful that even though you couldn't share your news with us all at this satge that you could still rcord it here for us to read a little later! :-) I'm so excited for you.

Love Chrissy x
:) :) :) :)