Monday, July 7, 2008

25 weeks

Well I have been to hospital since my last post. Baby is healthy.
My sugars were up so I have to go back this week for a full sugar test so Friday will be spent at the hospital get this test done.
I then I also have to go back the following week for my Anti D shot. I just love having a different blood group to my husband.
Baby is kicking around now most of the time.
Have the four D scan on Wednesday so will post photos on Thursday for that.

Week Twenty-Five
  • The structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings. These will protect the all important spinal cord which serves as the information transmitter for your child's body.
  • Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
  • Your baby's nostrils begin to open. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences!
  • The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When baby is rooting for food later on, these will be valuable!
  • His swallowing reflexes are developing.
  • Dexterity is improving. Your baby can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
  • Your child has now obtained an approximate length of 13.6 inches (34.6cm) and weighs 1.46 pound (660gm)

No comments: